Below, we have assembled some links to other sites with maps related to the history of Medford and surrounding areas.
Harvard University Digital Maps
- 1855 Walling Map of Medford
- Map of Middlesex County 1856
- A plan of Boston in New England with its environs: including Milton, Dorchester, Roxbury, Brooklin, Cambridge, Medford, Charlestown, parts of Malden and Chelsea 1777
Massachusetts Historical Society
- Manuscript map of the Ten Hills (Medford, Mass.), October 1637
Digital Commonwealth (Norman B. Leventhal Map Center, Boston Public Library)
- An accurate map of the country round Boston in New England from the best authorities (1776)
- Map of the city and vicinity of Boston, Massachusetts (1852)
- Map of the town of Medford, Middlesex County, Mass (1855) Walling Map
- Medford, Massachusetts (1880)
- Topographical map of Middlesex Fells Reservation (1895)
- West Medford, Massachusetts (1897)
- Middlesex Fells Reservation (1919)
Library of Congress
- Sketch of the Ground about Charles Town, ca. 1775, “Road to Medford”
- Medford Bird’s Eye View, 1880, O.H. Bailey & Co.
- Middlesex Fells Aerial View, 1903.
- Middlesex Fells Reservation, 1919.
Browse by city or county. This is a third-party commercial site, and you cannot print the maps. However, you can zoom in and out and view the maps, or purchase them. No funds go to MHSM.
- County Atlas of Middlesex, MA, 1875, F.W. Beers & Co.
- Middlesex County Atlas, 1889, George H. Walker & Co.
- Middlesex County, 1900, George W. Stadley & Co.
- Medford, MA 1904 George H. Walker & Co.
- Medford Street Map 1931 Roy W. Hutchins